All Rights Reserved. Copyright © 2019, I'm A Great Child WorldwideSM, a fiscally sponsored project
of United Charitable, a registered 501(c) (3) public charity. Donations are tax‐deductible as allowed by law.
What's Great About YouSM Great Child ProgramSM
9 years old:
My parents died. No one played with me because I had open wounds, vomiting and diarrhea. I did not take my drugs every day because I heard big people say that I will die anyway.
Then I joined the Great Child program in my school. I felt they loved me because they said what was great about me. I never knew that.
After classes, they asked me to walk home with them.
One day I was walking to the hospital and a girl went with me. She talked to me about taking care of myself.
I started to wash my painful wounds. I took my drugs every day. Now the doctors smile and say I am doing good.
I feel happy when I get to the school gate and children are smiling and calling my name. I have many friends that are caring, and I love them too.
10 years old:
My parent hit me often because I made many small mistakes. When I got hit, I went to school and hit other children. Then teachers hit me.
What makes me happy activity: sun, music, friends, rain. What I learned is that I have to make myself happy.
I asked my parent to correct me when I make a mistake instead of hitting me, Last week I got pinched only once. Before it was daily. I don't hit other children. Teachers don’t hit me.
One year later: In a class of 32 students, the boy was #22, now he is #7. Teachers gave him a leadership position because of his tremendous behavior improvement and his good character in correcting and helping other children. He started a Great Child Program in his school.
11 years old:
I did not know how to read and write. I used to skip school and if I went I could escape because nothing seemed interesting. When I joined the program, it gave me all the reasons to stay in school. The program has helped me to know how to read and write and to become a leader. I feel happy now. I am a school prefect.
15 year old:
A fifteen year old girl attended only one class. A year later, she wrote that after taking that class she had much more confidence, and that she started speaking up in school, which she had never done before. She said that her teacher noticed and selected her as one of only of three students to attend a college internship program.
Ages 9 though 12:
* My self esteem is built up stronger and I am walking out of this class changed.
* I could be myself in this class. I don't have to act like somebody else.
* This was a motivation for me. It showed me things people thought about me.
* Some days I feel like I have nothing in the world. But when I wrote down the list of what I'm thankful for, I know I have a good life.
* I got to learn about other people. I loved, loved, loved it.
* This class was great expressing our feelings.
* The class helps build character. It helps public speaking.
* This helped me feel better about myself. I learned things about myself from others that I did not know.